Available, Current Puppies, News

Brown Poodle Puppies One Week Old

The Brown Puppies Are One Week Old!

We have been doing the ENS (Early Neurological Stimulation) with the puppies now since they were two days old and also giving them some different to “smell” each day.   This stimulation has been shown to have at least Five benefits to the puppies.

The benefits noted are:
Improved cardio vascular performance (heart rate)
Stronger heart beats
Stronger adrenal glands
More tolerance to stress and Greater resistance to disease.

In tests of learning, stimulated pups were found to be more active and were more exploratory than their non- stimulated litter mates over which they were consistently more superiour  in competitive situations.

Secondary effects were also noted regarding test performance. In simple problem solving tests using detours in a maze, the non-stimulated pups became extremely aroused, wined a great deal, and made many errors. Their stimulated litter mates were less disturbed or upset by test conditions and when comparisons were made, the stimulated litter mates were more calm in the test environment, made fewer errors and gave only an occasional distress when stressed.

IMG_0935

IMG_0913

 

IMG_0933

 

IMG_0915

“During the first week, puppies will sleep most of the time. In fact, they sleep 90% of the time, nursing the other 10%. All of their energy is fun- neled into growing; their birth weight doubles the first week of life. New- borns aren’t able to support their weight yet, so they crawl about with paddling motions of their front legs. The limited mobility does, however, provide the exercise needed to develop muscles and coordination. Soon the puppies are crawling all around the box and over each other and their Dam.” Jeannie Thomason, VND Natural Rearing: Breeding & Raising Dogs The Way Nature Intended p 123

Please share if you liked this

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.